2/3 cup yogurt
1/3 cup oil
1/2 kangal sucuk (more for toping if desired)
(can be replaced with your favorite processed meat product)
1/2 cup parmesan, grated (i use whole foods aged parmesan!)
1 cup flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
salt & pepper to taste
How to prepare these easy, yummy muffins?
- preheat oven to 375 F
- beat the eggs with a pinch of salt (i used hand whisker)
- add yogurt,oil, mix
- add flour , turmeric and blend mixture well.
- add chese & sujuk
- Fill muffins cups about 3/4 of the way up and bake for 15-20 minutes
- Easy to prepare and quick to bake. You should try for weekend breakfast with the family or guests!
- I used turmeric to give a natural yellow color. You don't feel the flavor but it is healthy and really looks yellow!
- You can replace sujuk with your favorite processed meat product
- well, you can replace parmesan cheese with feta, mozzarella, even cream cheese. i tried all different cheeses for salty cakes. Whatever I have in the refrigerator is what I put in the cake:)
- Brew Turkish tea as it bakes. Don't forget tomatoes & black olives!